Where am I?
I'm still here - chugging along.
I'm doing pretty well. Making small changes for lifestyle change and not necessarily weight loss purposes. I'm losing because of it - so that's good, but right now it's not my main goal.
January was about keeping tabs on what goes in my body so that I know where to make improvements. We have been avoiding trans fat for 2 years now - but we are looking to cut down to almost zero. We don't use artificial sweeteners because I get migraines from them, but we're looking to also cut down on anything that has HFCS. I'm surprised at how easy that has been for us. I cut out soda from 3-4 cans a week to only having it when we're out to dinner. I also added breakfast to my life almost everyday.
February was about adding fiber, fiber and more fiber to my diet. Every meal and snack was an exercise in finding a way to put more fiber in. I went from about 40% of my RDI to around 95%. That's awesome. I noticed a big change in my hunger levels and found more balance in my energy levels.
March is going to be a big month. I'm going to continue with keep my fiber intake adequate, but I'm also looking to start cutting out refined sugars and flours when possible. That shouldn't be too hard since we already eat mostly whole grain breads and pasta, and we try and avoid refined sugars. I am also looking to increase my protein intake this month.
So - current changes made: I am drinking almost only water. I try and eat breakfast every day. I have 3 servings of dairy a day in the form of lowfat yogurt, milk or cheese. I try and have fruit or vegetables at every meal and snack. I'm trying to move my body 3 times a day (yoga, walks, stretching, strength training).
I'll keep you posted.
I'm doing pretty well. Making small changes for lifestyle change and not necessarily weight loss purposes. I'm losing because of it - so that's good, but right now it's not my main goal.
January was about keeping tabs on what goes in my body so that I know where to make improvements. We have been avoiding trans fat for 2 years now - but we are looking to cut down to almost zero. We don't use artificial sweeteners because I get migraines from them, but we're looking to also cut down on anything that has HFCS. I'm surprised at how easy that has been for us. I cut out soda from 3-4 cans a week to only having it when we're out to dinner. I also added breakfast to my life almost everyday.
February was about adding fiber, fiber and more fiber to my diet. Every meal and snack was an exercise in finding a way to put more fiber in. I went from about 40% of my RDI to around 95%. That's awesome. I noticed a big change in my hunger levels and found more balance in my energy levels.
March is going to be a big month. I'm going to continue with keep my fiber intake adequate, but I'm also looking to start cutting out refined sugars and flours when possible. That shouldn't be too hard since we already eat mostly whole grain breads and pasta, and we try and avoid refined sugars. I am also looking to increase my protein intake this month.
So - current changes made: I am drinking almost only water. I try and eat breakfast every day. I have 3 servings of dairy a day in the form of lowfat yogurt, milk or cheese. I try and have fruit or vegetables at every meal and snack. I'm trying to move my body 3 times a day (yoga, walks, stretching, strength training).
I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home