Monday weigh in...
Well - I'm down to 328! Goodbye 330s! I have now lost 12 lbs since I started this journey. Yeah me.
I lost another 4 pounds which is not quite what I'm supposed to be doing. I know it seems strange to whine about losing too much but it's starting to affect my milk supply. I need to nurse for 9 more months - at the very least another 4 months so Em can get adjusted to solids before we try formula. I'm willing to sacrifice my weight for 9 months - but if I can find a way to successfully nurse AND lose weight - even at a slower pace - that's a plan stan.
I'm not sure what to do at this point. I think a lot of the weight is coming off with relative ease. I started giving myself 3 extra points each day and ate my activity points. With my first week of 4 lb loss I upped it to 4-5 extra points and now I'm struggling to eat another 5-6 points over my already hefty 33 daily points. I'm also trying to eat all my activity points.
I'm trying to pick my points wisely - and eat more and more healthy - but it makes it harder and harder to eat my points. I'm keeping my activity level so that I'm excercising my heart and building muscle - but not overdoing it since my body is already just naturally moving more. ya know I'm chasing 2 kids and nursing the 3rd - that's bound to burn calories.
So - my goal for this week is pretty much the same as last week - but I'm going to try and add another 1-2 healthy points, up my water again and nurse Em more to try and keep that supply up.
NOT that she's having any problems putting on the lbs - my 11 weeker is 12lb10 oz - up 5lbs9oz since her lowest weight. That's about a 1/2 lb a week gain! She's also grown 4 inches in 11 weeks!
I lost another 4 pounds which is not quite what I'm supposed to be doing. I know it seems strange to whine about losing too much but it's starting to affect my milk supply. I need to nurse for 9 more months - at the very least another 4 months so Em can get adjusted to solids before we try formula. I'm willing to sacrifice my weight for 9 months - but if I can find a way to successfully nurse AND lose weight - even at a slower pace - that's a plan stan.
I'm not sure what to do at this point. I think a lot of the weight is coming off with relative ease. I started giving myself 3 extra points each day and ate my activity points. With my first week of 4 lb loss I upped it to 4-5 extra points and now I'm struggling to eat another 5-6 points over my already hefty 33 daily points. I'm also trying to eat all my activity points.
I'm trying to pick my points wisely - and eat more and more healthy - but it makes it harder and harder to eat my points. I'm keeping my activity level so that I'm excercising my heart and building muscle - but not overdoing it since my body is already just naturally moving more. ya know I'm chasing 2 kids and nursing the 3rd - that's bound to burn calories.
So - my goal for this week is pretty much the same as last week - but I'm going to try and add another 1-2 healthy points, up my water again and nurse Em more to try and keep that supply up.
NOT that she's having any problems putting on the lbs - my 11 weeker is 12lb10 oz - up 5lbs9oz since her lowest weight. That's about a 1/2 lb a week gain! She's also grown 4 inches in 11 weeks!

2 Comments:
At 1:30 PM,
Jojo said…
Heather, have you tried the Mother's Milk supplement? I think that's the formal name for it. It's various herbs and stuff. It's 12 dollars a bottle at the BF store but if you're struggling with milk supply it's worth it. Check it out! I used it to get my milk going (my milk didnj't come in until day 9 and it helped to get me going once those 1/2 to 1 ounce shots started coming in.)
At 1:30 PM,
Jojo said…
oh and PS you can use more than the recommended drops on the bottle. My lc was having me take 40 drops four times a day. You might not even need that much.
Post a Comment
<< Home